Monday, September 29, 2008

Zephaniah 3:17

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

God is with me and will save me from everything that leads me away from Him.
God delights in me. He sees me like I cannot see me.
God will calm my heart and mind from anxious thoughts and feelings just with His love.
God will delight and rejoice over me with singing. He finds enough pleasure in me to make Him sing in celebration that He created me.

I am wonderfully and marvelously made by God for His purpose and nothing will stop that unless I let it. He loves me in spite of my faults and setbacks. He sees past those to the person I really am and gently moves me toward that person. When I let go, He moves me closer more quickly.
Lord help me let go. Help me lose my life...
Mark 8:35 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.

No comments: